Here we are at 13 weeks. :)
I'm 16 weeks now, so it's not up to date. But I don't feel like I've changed too much.
Morning sickness has been absolutely awful since 7 weeks, but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I went FOUR days without losing my lunch this week.
While everyone thinks my rough start means it's a boy, there are plenty that think its a girl!
Daddy wants a boy--of course. :)
And if we have a boy, he wouldn't hurt for argyle...since that's what Daddy is KNOWN for. He wears it lots. He even has argyle socks.
I kinda of want a girl. Why???
1) I'm partial to oldest daughters. Just sayin.
2) There hasn't been a daughter born on hubby's side in 50 years!!!
3) And I've always loved crocheted hats for baby girls. Like these...
We saw some at a craft fair and oh, I begged to get one. But darling husband didn't see the point in getting it when we didn't know the gender yet. I assured I would give it as a gift to my girl-bearing friends....BUT I still wanted one. Since my dearest bud LeAnna at Thoughts & Whatnots knows my love for girly things AND my hopes that Baby is a girl, she let me know about her giveaway!
Which, by the way, you MUST check out by clicking here...
She is giving away homemade baby/girly crocheted things--like headbands, diaper covers, etc. SOO cute! They are made by Annette who blogs about her adorable creations here, and has an Etsy shop full of irresistable crocheted things.
~ ~ ~ ~
So hubby and I aren't set on wanting just a boy or just a girl--we're so thankful for this little one, no matter if they sport argyle or crocheted hats. We're just praising God that they're coming, and praying that they grow healthy, with an earnest love for their Savior.
Aaaamen. Go check out the giveaway!


Goodnes me, that thingy at the top that says your baby is like the size of an avocado, really cracks me up! ;)
ReplyDeleteI hope its a girl too! :)
Annndddd, I already checked out LeAnna's giveaway!----SOOOOO cute!
Have a grand day Jen! :)
Hugs~
Rachel
That would be really exciting if you did have a girl to break the 50 year 'drought'. =P
ReplyDeleteI had to laugh at the "avocado" sized baby meter too ;)
Thank you for letting us know about the giveaway. My best friend has a little girl; just over a month old now and I'd love to give her something like this.
Aw! Your little bump is precious! I had horrible morning sickness, and we had a girl.. :)
ReplyDeleteDagnabbit! For some reason your blog always eats my comments. I have yet to figure it out. You look addddooorable, and I so wish I could be there when Baby E makes his or her grand entry. Maaaybe we'll get to go to PJ's wedding, and you'll already have he/she. And um, yah, I was sick longer with A than Q (cough cough) so you know what I'M rooting for. ;) Buuuuut, you'll have the cutest little argyled boy on the planet, too. So, it's a toss up. Either way it will be just the most precious thing EVER. And I still can't believe my Jen is having a bebe. And oh, I hope you do have a girl so our girls can be penpals. :) :) :) Love you, sista!
ReplyDeletelovelovelove this.
ReplyDeletei can't wait to see you sometime soon:)
Congrats on the bump! I'm due 3 days ahead of you--fun :) Hope the morning sickness has subsided and you're feeling 'normal' soon!
ReplyDeleteGirl's are very rare on my Dad's side of the family as well so there is always a lot of excitement when one arrives. :D
ReplyDelete